- February 2014 firing, 2400 degrees, dropped all cones. Great results.
- Morel Mushroom Sculptures for the upcoming wood firing
- Steve’s face jugs after the firing
- The gang’s all here. Including the goose. Also new this time is Amy Baker, see last pic where Amy is stoking. Her arm is in the fire.
- Chuck Pate pieces from the wood fire May 2013
Scott Scarboro on Wood Kiln unloading Lisa Buchanan Elifri… on The gang’s all here. Inc… Amy on Steve’s face jugs d…
With all the talk of spring and hunting morel mushrooms on facebook I made some new sculptures for the upcoming firing. These are still raw clay and will be fired in 2 weeks to look like the tea bowls behind them. One good tip from a mushroom grower and wild mushroom hunter, Morels start here in April and run the month. The first one you find you hold in your hand and look at it and look for more and look at it and hunt. It trains your eyes to see them better. It also spreads the spores along your trails. Some people pin it to there hat. When you find another one keep it in your hand and put the first one in the mesh bag. Spread spores and you will find more each year on the same paths. More advice on hunting and growing to come. I will also post the finished sculptures after the firing in 2 weeks. Happy shrooming.
The gang’s all here. Including the goose. Also new this time is Amy Baker, see last pic where Amy is stoking. Her arm is in the fire.
The MFA Wood Chuck pieces covered in wood ash with dragons eyes.